- Doctor of Philosophy, Faculty of Science, Technology and Engineering, La Trobe University, 2015
- School Teacher of Geography and History, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana, 2010
Karstology, speleology, geomorphology, physical geography, geology, geochemistry, palaeoclimatology, sedimentology, geochronology
Selected presentations and lectures
- EGU (European Geosciences Union General Assembly): 2020 (Vienna) - Recently exposed subglacial carbonate deposits at the retreating Triglav Glacier, Slovenia. (main author: Lipar, M.; co-authors: Martín-Pérez, A.; Tičar, J.; Pavšek, M.; Gabrovec, M.; Hrvatin, M.; Komac, B.; Zorn, M.; Zhao, J.; Drysdale, R.N.; Ferk, M.)
- INQUA (International Union for Quaternary Research Congress): 2019 (Dublin) - The preliminary results of the Holocene stalagmite paleoenvironmental record from Postojna Cave, Slovenia. (main author: Lipar, M; co-authors: Drysdale, RN; Zhao, J.)
- ANZGG (Australian & New Zealand Geomorphology Group Conference): 2019 (Inverloch) - Deep caves on the Nullarbor Plain, Australia. (main author: Lipar, M; co-authors: Ferk, M.; Lojen, S.; Barham, M.)
- IKS (International Karstological School Conference): 2019 (Postojna) - Water-rock interaction in Postojna Cave: can we use stable oxygen isotopes as palaeothermometer? (main author: Lipar, M; co-authors: Dolenc Batagelj, K.; Drysdale, R.; Zhao, J.)
- IKS (International Karstological School Conference): 2018 (Postojna) - Gypsum deposits in deep caves of the Nullarbor Plain, Australia. (main author: Lipar, M; co-authors: Ferk, M.; Lojen, S.; Barham, M.)
- GSA (Geological Society of America Annual Meeting): 2018 (Seattle) - Chemostratigraphy of karst ice, Paradana Cave, Slovenia. (main author: Carey, A.; co-authors: Zorn, M.; Tičar, J.; Lipar, M.; Welch, S.; Lyons, W. B.)
- KR (Climate Change, the Karst Record): 2014 (Melbourne) - Aeolianite, calcrete, and pinnacle karst in southwestern Australia, as indicators of middle to late Pleistocene palaeoclimates. (main author: Lipar, M; co-author: Webb, J.)
- IGC (International Geological Congress): 2012 (Brisbane) - The formation of the pinnacles in Nambung National Park, Western Australia. (main author: Lipar, M; co-author: Webb, J.)
- DSO (Long Term Environmental Change Conference): 2019 (Ljubljana) - Subglacial carbonate deposits: their implication on palaeoenvironment from the Last Glacial Maximum. (main author: Lipar, M.; co-authors: Ferk, M.; Martín-Pérez, A.; Tičar, J.; Pavšek, M.; Gabrovec, M.; Hrvatin, M.; Komac, B.; Zorn, M.; Zhao, J.; Drysdale, R.N.)
- VUEESC (Victorian Universities Earth and Environmental Sciences Conference): 2013 (Melbourne) - The formation of solution pipes on Cape Bridgewater, western Victoria. (main author: Lipar, M; co-author: Webb, J.)
- Lipar M, Martín-Pérez A, Tičar J, Pavšek M, Gabrovec M, Hrvatin M, Komac B, Zorn M, Zupan Hajna N, Zhao J-x, Drysdale RN, Ferk M, 2021. Subglacial carbonate deposits as a potential proxy for a glacier's former presence. The Cryosphere 15.
- Lipar M, Zupanič Pajnič I, Cotman M, Zabavnik Piano J, Zhao J-x, Pekarovič D, Leskovar T, 2020. DNA, spectroscopic and geochemical analyses of bone fragments and associated speleothems in Postojna cave, Slovenia. Acta Carsologica 49.
- Lipar M. Stepišnik U, Ferk M, 2019. Multiphase breakdown sequence of collapse doline morphogenesis: an example from Quaternary aeolianites in Western Australia. Geomorphology 327.
- Lipar M, Ferk M, Lojen S, Barham M, 2019. Sulphur (34S/32S) isotope composition of gypsum and implications for deep cave formation on the Nullarbor Plain, Australia. International Journal of Speleology 48.
- Lipar, M, Webb, JA, Cupper, ML, Wang, N, 2017: Aeolianite, calcrete/microbialite and karst in southwestern Australia as indicators of Middle to Late Quaternary palaeoclimates. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 470.
- Lipar, M, 2016: A contribution to Slovenian terminology of karst and its features developed in eogenetic Quaternary calcarenites. Geographical Bulletin 88.
- Lipar, M, Ferk, M, 2015: Karst pocket valleys and their implications on Pliocene-Quaternary hydrology and climate : examples from the Nullarbor Plain, southern Australia. Earth-Science Reviews 150.
- Lipar, M, Webb, JA, 2015: The formation of pinnacle karst in Pleistocene calcarenites (Tamala Limestone) in southwestern Australia. Earth-Science Reviews 140.
- Lipar, M, Webb, JA, White, SQ, Grimes, KG, 2015: The genesis of solution pipes: Evidence from the Middle-Late Pleistocene Bridgewater Formation calcarenite, southeastern Australia. Geomorphology 246.
- Lipar, M, Webb, JA, 2014: Middle – Late Pleistocene and Holocene chronostratigraphy and depositional history of the Tamala Limestone, Cooloongup and Safety Bay Sands, Nambung National Park, southwestern Western Australia. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 61.
Karst artefacts of the remote northern part of the Nullarbor Plain ( raziskovalni • 06. november 2017 - 05. november 2023)
Geomorphological characteristics on eogenetic carbonate rocks in Slovenia and United States of America ( bilateralni • 01. october 2019 - 30. september 2021)
Novel proxies of the Holocene climate variability in stalagmites in Slovenia ( temeljni_raziskovalni • 01. september 2020 - 31. august 2023)
Geomorphological peculiarities of AEOLianite KARST and their palaeoclimatic significance ( temeljni_raziskovalni • 01. september 2020 - 31. august 2022)
Geography of Slovenia - national research programme ( research programme • 01. january 2015 - 31. december 2021)