MadeInTheAlps - The image of Alpine Products: A common resource for pan-Alpine territorial brand cooperation
Principal Investigator at ZRC SAZUKatarina Šrimpf Vendramin, PhD
The image of Alpine Products: A common resource for pan-Alpine territorial brand cooperation
Project TeamŠpela Ledinek Lozej, PhD, Erik Logar, PhD
Duration1 June 2022–30 November 2023
Financial SourceAlpine Region Preparatory Action Fund (ARPAF)
PartnersPolo Poschiavo, EM Lyon, ZRC SAZU
Territorial brands that aim to establish 100% local value chains, despite their benefits for territorial development, can result in the proliferation of initiatives requiring investments of inefficient size & hinder collaboration with other regions. The common image of the Alps is a joint cultural asset that could facilitate cross-regional/border value chains. The project will develop policy and managerial insight for collaborative TB initiatives through experiment-based research on consumers’ perceived image of ‘Made in the Alps’ products resulting from cross-regional/border value chains and supporting pilot actions.
Territorial brands aiming at 100% local value chains can result in the proliferation of initiatives requiring investments of inefficient size & hinder collaboration with other regions. The common image of the Alps is a joint cultural asset that could facilitate cross-regional/border TB collaboration.
- Literature review on 'made in', also known as 'place of origin effect', with a focus on different scales (i.e., city, region, country, supra-country areas) and their articulation and its effect on territorial brand image, evaluation, intention to buy, and willingness to pay;
- Desk research on how the image of the Alps is used to promote local products by territorial brands of different kinds;
- Development of a quali-quantitative methodology (interview guidelines, surveys, etc.);
- Exploratory qualitative interviews; we will interviews members of the EUSALP Youth Council as convenience sample;
- Quantitative study with an experimental design, capable of capturing the image of 'made in the Alps' products, particularly when they are the result of cross-border/region value chains;
- Final research report, highlighting key findings and managerial and policy recommendations.