Department of Natural Hazards
Blaž Komac, Ph. D.
The department works in the field of geography of natural hazards. It was established in 1992 as a 'Centre for Multidisciplinary Research of Natural Hazards' that changed its name to 'Department of natural hazards' on 14. 10. 1994. The department was established to deepen the research of natural hazards from the point of view of physical and human geography. The department focuses on geography of natural hazards and risks that are frequent in Slovenia, such as rockfalls, landslides, debris flows, erosion, avalanches, flash floods, lowland floods, earthquakes and droughts. Education about natural hazards is also object of our work while prevention is the basic orientation of the department.
- Resilience of Alpine environment from the perspective of natural hazards, Slovenian research agency project, Blaž Komac, 1. 10. 2014–30. 9. 2017
- CapHaz-Net – Social capacity building for natural hazards: towards more resilient societies. Coordination and support action – Seventh framework programme EU, Blaž Komac, 1. 6. 2009–31. 5. 2012
- NH-WF, Natural hazards without frontiers, ERDF – Operational Program Slovenia–Austria 2007–2013, Miha Pavšek, 1. 10. 2011–30. 9. 2014
- Increasing the effectiveness and applicability of research on natural disaster using modern methods, Slovenian research agency project, Matija Zorn, 1. 7. 2011–30. 6. 2014
- Comparison of Avalanche Mapping and prevention techniques using in Slovenia and Turkey, and Investigation of their applicability in Julian Alps (NW Slovenia) and Rize-Sivrikaya (NE Turkey) regions, Slovenian research agency project, Miha Pavšek, 2005–2008
- For the freedom of the country: the front in the Julian Alps 1915–1917, Slovenian research agency project, Blaž Komac, 1. 6. 2006–31. 5. 2008
- Terminological dictionary of geography, Matija Zorn, 2003–2005
- Landforms and processes in Slovenia, Matej Gabrovec, 1. 1. 1999–30. 6. 2003,
- Avalanches on the regional road (R1-206) Kranjska Gora–Vršič–Trenta, Miha Pavšek, 2005
- Report on avalanche at the Dolič mountain hut, 2009, Miha Pavšek